A major diversified environmental services company in North America offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development through its platform of facilities across Canada and in 27 states in the United States. Across its organization, this services company has a workforce of more than 11,500 employees and provides its broad range of environmental services to more than 135,000 commercial and industrial customers and its solid waste collection services to more than 4 million households.
This is a rapidly growing waste utilities company that was looking for a consistent payment experience for their consumers across all of their payment channels. This meant ensuring that the solution they selected would across national borders both in US and in Canada and be available in multiple languages, while supporting both commercial and residential customer needs through the same solution.
- A fully-hosted electronic bill payment solution that offers one-time payments, scheduled payments, recurring payments, mobile SMS payments and is made available through a single sign-on integration accessed through the utility’s Customer Connect Tool
- A fully-hosted Integrated Voice Response (IVR) solution supported in multiple languages that features key entry and voice recognition capabilities
- A customized card swipe and check scanning solution that allows for agents to easily accept payments at land fills
- A custom payment process to support pre-account payments
- Customer Service Representative and Research portal through which payments can be processed and research can be conducted
- Settlement files configured to match multiple Customer Information Systems
- Creation of EFT deposit files for direct send to the utility’s designated bank for Canada
- A customer convenience fee model that allows for creation of a unique revenue stream for this waste management utility
- Faster reconciliation as each settlement file matches a single deposit
- Customized solution allows the utility to perform independently per their internal business rules.
- Provides consistency in the consumer payment experience across their entire footprint